Section 8 of 11
Section 8. Officers and their duties.
Rule 40. If, in the opinion of the Executive Committee, a person fails to perform the duties of his/her office the Executive Committee may at a regular meeting, after giving the officer reasonable notice and opportunity to be heard, declare vacant the office of President, Vice President, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, other Office or Sub-Committee Member and appoint another eligible member in his/her place.
Rule 41. The President shall preside at meetings of members and at meetings of the Executive Committee he/she shall perform such other duties as customarily appertain to the office of President, or as he/she may be directed to perform by the Executive Committee, not inconsistent with the provisions of law or these rules. At any meeting of the Executive Committee he/she shall, in the event of equality of voting, have a second or casting vote.
Rule 42. The Vice President shall exercise the duties of President during the latter’s absence or inability to act.
Rule 43. The Secretary shall give, or cause to be given proper notice of all meetings of the members and of the Executive Committee and shall prepare and maintain minutes of all meetings thereof, and shall perform such other duties not inconsistent with the provisions of law or these rules as the Executive Committee may from time to time direct.
Rule 44. Subject to such limitations and control as may be imposed by the Executive Committee and these rules the Treasurer shall:
(1) Have custody of all funds, securities, valuable papers and other assets of GBC.
(2) Provide and maintain full and complete records of all assets, liabilities, income and expenses of GBC.
(3) Deposit all cash in accordance with the provisions of rule 46 of these rules
(4) Not later than the last day of each month prepare and submit to the Executive Committee a financial statement as of the end of the preceding month setting out the income and expenditure of GBC for the period of the beginning of the current financial year to the end of the said preceding month and containing a balance sheet of GBC as of the end of such month.
(5) Prepare and submit to the auditor such financial reports and returns as the auditor may require.
(6) Report to the members at every Annual General Meeting of GBC.
(7) Collect table money and pay prize monies and other approved expenses of GBC.
Rule 45. Subject to Section 9 the Tournament Officer shall have general responsibility for the organisation and adjudication of club competitions.