Glasnevin Bridge Club

Tuesday 7/12/2010
There will be no bridge tomorrow Wednesday 8/12/2010 but weather permitting, we plan to reopen the club on Monday 13/10/2010. Tomorrow’s committee meeting is also cancelled. We also fell it prudent to advise team captains not to organise any Kirwan’s League matches until the new year. The Nuala Cullen raffle will now take place on Wednesday 15/12/2010.

Friday 3/12/2010

Due to the weather conditions, there will be no bridge on Monday next (6/12/2010). In addition, the
Regional Pairs scheduled to take place tomorrow have been deferred. Please check the Dublin North Region’s website for updates in this regard.

Thursday 2/12/2010
Because of ongoing uncertainty with regard to weather conditions, it has been decided to cancel the Christmas party which was scheduled to take place on 15/12/2010. This decision has to be made now because it would not be possible to cancel the event at shorter notice without significant financial implications for the club. Nobody can predict what weather conditions will be like on the 15th but given the events of this week, it was felt that cancellation was the most prudent course of action. An annual dinner will be organised in the new year in consultation with the membership.

Tuesday 30/11/2010
Due to ongoing adverse weather conditions, there will be no bridge on Wednesday night (1/12/2010). A decision as to whether we will play on Monday next (6/12/2010) will be made in due course and posted on this site.

Monday 29/11/2010
Because of inclement weather, there will be no bridge tonight. However, for those who can safely attend, tonight’s lessons will proceed as usual. A decision about whether or not we will play on Wednesday night will be made in due course.

Saturday 25/9/2010
We are celebrating our 40th Anniversary today. See the
special news section for a full report.